Monday, September 19, 2011

The ability to listen


When I started to work for a newspaper company as a journalist in 2006, I should meet lots of people to interview. We had realized that it is never easy just to listen to his answer. Although he spoke only with me, I was thinking about whether this is the answer I anticipated and what is the next question.

Reflecting on myself, the conversation was not shared but fixed. I planned the structure of the story and the solution about the issue before the meeting. I guess that why listening to other speaking is hard is because not only that he has a purpose of the conversation, but also that the time is limited.

Moreover, it would be difficult for me to listen to my words. I sometimes go to the park to think or to converse with myself. More specifically, I had tried to learn how to meditate by myself several years ago. Nevertheless, it was not a comfortable work.

In order to improve the listening skill, I think that I have to change my attitude instead of learning skills. I must know about the importance of esteem for the others. First, I should spend more time to listen to other’s words than to speak my words. Second, I do not have to awkwardly think about the answer. Third, I should throw away the stereotype. Plus, taking a memo is good idea to listen the story from my mind because the speed of thinking in mind is too fast to remember for myself. Also, I could make a better logic or sound grounds for the development of my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment